What is ArchivesSpace?
ArchivesSpace is the next-generation web-based archives information management system, designed by archivists and supported by diverse archival repositories.
ArchivesSpace is an open source, web application for managing archives information. The app is designed to support core functions in archives administration such as accessioning; description and arrangement of processed materials including analog, hybrid, and born-digital content; management of authorities (agents and subjects) and rights; and reference service. Learn more about ArchivesSpace at www.archivesspace.org.
ArchivesSpace Key Features
- Web-based information management system maintains all of your archival description records and digital object metadata in one place.
- Export finding aids as PDFs, EADs, and MARCXML records.
- Import legacy finding aids, digital object metadata, and other archival description records.
- Support archival workflows, including assessment, accessioning, and processing.
- Reports and statistics include 21 reports, as well as the ability to export your data into external reporting tools.*
- Make your archival collections, including unprocessed materials, web-accessible and discoverable to your researchers.
- Programming flexibility – access to Atlas plugins, including a plugin that allows for patron and staff requesting using Aeon, or build your own plugins!.*
*Not included in ArchivesSpace Basic
Atlas's Role in ArchivesSpace
Atlas Systems has committed to support the ArchivesSpace community as a Registered Service Provider. In this role we will participate in the community, serving on committees and providing other services as needed. We also ofer a variety of services to help ArchivesSpace users effectively and efficiently implement and run the ArchivesSpace software.
ArchivesSpace Hosting Options
All Hosted Implementations include
- Ongoing support and monitoring of your hosted software.
- Prompt updates when new versions of ArchivesSpace are released.
- Access to the ArchivesSpace Video Training Library and documentation package.
ArchivesSpace Support Services
We offer these additional services
- Data Conversion and Migrations
- Implementation Services
- Video Training Library