What is Aeon?
Aeon is automated request and workflow management software specifically designed for special collections libraries and archives. Aeon improves patron service and maximizes staff efficiency while providing unparalleled item tracking, security and statistics.
Christian Dupont introduced the concept for Aeon to Atlas in 2007 while he was director of special collections at the University of Virginia. The following year, Christian joined the Atlas team as Aeon Program Director and led the development and promotion of Aeon in that role until 2014, when he returned to academic librarianship at Boston College.
The Aeon community continues to grow as Aeon becomes the leading option for request and workflow management software.
Key Aeon Features:
Check out our Quick Aeon Overview video:
- Complete reading room management, including online user registration and advance paging directly from catalog records and finding aids
- Collaborative "activities" feature for managing instructional sessions, exhibits and other projects involving multiple users and items.
- Online ordering, invoicing and credit card payment for digital images and other reproductions; direct "shopping cart" service for OCLC CONTENTdm® digital collections management software.
- Highly customizable workflow management with automated routing rules and status tracking for complete transaction audit trails and enhanced collections security
- Robust reporting platform and custom query tools to facilitate intelligent data mining of transaction records and sophisticated analyses of usage patterns and user communities
Have questions or want to know more about Aeon?
More information about Aeon
Want help making the case for Aeon? Want to read about how implementing Aeon increased efficiency and service at the Harry Ransom Center? Check out these links.