VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – September 1, 2015 – Atlas Systems announced today the release of the latest version of its Aeon software for special collections and archives. Version 3.8 is now available to the more than fifty institutions that use Aeon to improve service to researchers, track usage statistics, and manage the security of the items in their collections.
Highlights of Aeon 3.8
Improved User Management. Staff will be able to see the status of researchers more easily, which helps maintain the security of items being used.
- Institutions that choose to do so can associate a photo with a researcher’s account to help better identify the user. A ghost icon will be used for users who do not have a photo in their account.
- Staff can mark researchers as “Away” for shorter breaks, helping to monitor the comings and goings in the reading room.
- Users who are marked as “Away” can have a clock symbol on their photo.
Web Page Changes
- Researchers can now download their request details as an Excel spreadsheet to help them better track their own requests, rather than needing to contact staff for that information.
- Users can tag their transactions on the Web. This means they can categorize them and filter them to create more usable lists, especially if they have a lot of transactions.
- Institutions now have the ability to define and enforce stricter password requirements for researchers.
- Researchers can now request a photoduplication of an item they have already requested.
For more details on the new features and changes in Aeon 3.8 visit https://prometheus.atlas-sys.com/display/aeon/Aeon+3.8+Release+Notes.