Aeon™ Software Use Policy
The Aeon™ Software facilitates the requesting and management of materials in special collections and archives for Subscribers of Atlas Systems, Inc. (“Atlas”) and their faculty and students(collectively, “Patron(s)”) (Subscriber and Patrons are referred to herein as “you” or “your”). This Policy establishes terms and conditions applicable to your use of Aeon™ Software. Use of Aeon™Software is conditioned upon your acceptance of this Policy. Your continued use of Aeon™ Software constitutes your agreement to this Policy in its entirety. If you do not agree to the Policy, do not use Aeon™ Software.
1. If you post materials using Aeon™ Software, you represent and warrant to Atlas that (a) you own all rights (including copyrights) to the materials posted or (b) you have obtained prior written consent from the owner(s) of all rights (including copyrights) to the materials posted, which consent permits the posting of such materials using Aeon™ Software (on Subscriber’s computer servers or computer servers owned or controlled by Atlas (“Atlas
Servers”), if Subscriber has purchased server hosting services from Atlas) and the retrieval, reproduction and use of the materials or (c) the posting of such materials using Aeon™ Software (on AtlasServers if Subscriber has purchased server hosting services from Atlas) and the retrieval, reproduction and use of the materials does not infringe, violate or misappropriate any rights of others(including copyrights) in such materials under all applicable laws, including copyright laws, and any other applicable restrictions.
2. If you access, retrieve, download or reproduce materials posted using Aeon™ Software or Atlas Servers, you represent and warrant to Atlas that any such action and all uses you make of the materials will be in compliance with all applicable laws, including copyright laws, and any other applicable restrictions.
3. You agree to not use or permit use of Aeon™ Software or Atlas Servers for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Policy.
4. You agree to not use Aeon™ Software or Atlas Servers to post any illegal material or material that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or violate any local, state, national or international law.
5. You agree to not post advertisements using Aeon™ Software or Atlas Servers, or use them for any commercial solicitations of any kind.
6. Atlas reserves the right to immediately, within its sole discretion and without prior notice, to remove any material posted to Atlas Servers and/or terminate any Patron’s access to Atlas Servers in the event of any violation of or failure to comply with this Policy or for any other reason. You hereby release, waive and relinquish any claim or cause of action against Atlas with respect to removal of any materials from Atlas Servers and/or termination of your access to Atlas Servers.
7. If you believe materials posted to Atlas Servers infringe your copyright, or that materials have been improperly removed from Atlas Servers due to an allegation of copyright infringement, you may notify Atlas pursuant to its Copyright Infringement Notification Policy.