ILLiad Celebrates 15 Years of Resource Sharing
More than 350 ILLiad users share tips and ILL trends at 12th annual conference
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – April 2, 2012 – A capacity crowd convened in Virginia Beach for the 12th Annual International ILLiad Conference, this year celebrating the 15-year anniversary of the launch of the ILLiad resource sharing management software. Atlas Systems, the leading provider of time-saving solutions for libraries, hosted the conference that drew more than 350 attendees.
Pre-conference workshops covered GIST (Getting It System Toolkit) planning and implementation, tips for ILL administrators, and the benefits of “tuning up” ILLiad for enhanced productivity through workflow changes. Conference sessions addressed a full range of topics from lending media, to pay-per-view options, cloud-based delivery, e-book resource sharing and much more. Attendees were eager to share their thoughts throughout the two-day conference by tweeting at #ILLiad12.
Jay Jordan, OCLC president and CEO, gave a thought provoking and motivational keynote address, “Evolution: How fast is fast enough.” OCLC is the exclusive distributor of ILLiad and also helps sponsor the conference.
“ILLiad users are very generous in sharing what they’ve learned with their colleagues, which creates a high-level of energy throughout the conference every year,” said Jason Glover, Atlas president and CEO. “Many of our users return every year—they know that the investment they make in attending the conference will pay dividends all year long. But we’re also seeing a new trend of users attending their first ILLiad conference. This year one-third of the attendees were first timers.”
The 2012 Conference sessions will be archived at http://www.atlas-sys.com/conference/conference-sessions/. To read the Twitter string go to #ILLiad12.
The dates for the next ILLiad Conference will be March 20-22, 2013.
About Atlas Systems
For more than fifteen years, Atlas Systems has been exclusively dedicated to developing software, training and consulting solutions that enable libraries to transform their user services and maximize workflow efficiency. Atlas is best known for creating the ILLiad interlibrary loan management system now distributed exclusively by OCLC and used by more than 1,100 libraries worldwide. Focused on bringing the benefits of automation to library processes that have not been addressed by other software services, Atlas has introduced Ares, an electronic reserves solution, and Aeon, an online request and workflow management system specifically designed for special collections libraries and archives. For more information, visit www.atlas-sys.com.
- Atlas Systems Announces Staff Promotions
- Libraries Sign On for Atlas Concierge Service
- The Rethinking Resource Sharing Initiative 2014 Innovation Award Recognizes The Alberta Library For the TAL Online Where Are You From (WAYF) Interface
- Press Release – Aeon Special Collections Software Experiences 66% Increase in Customer Base
- Now Available: ILLiad 8.5 Product Enhancements
- Atlas Systems’ Aeon Program Director Christian Dupont to Join Boston College as Burns Librarian
- Aeon 3.6 for Special Collections Management Now Available
- Information on Atlas Products and the Internet Explorer bug
- Information on Atlas Products and Heartbleed
- Join the Atlas Team – Now Hiring a Systems Technician for our ITS Team